UVG SLT172 UV Disinfection SystemIncluding Outdoor IP65Power Supply
Maximum Flow Rates
- Potable Water – 172 litres per minute
- Non-potable Water – 229 litres per minute
The Powers of UV Disinfection
UV disinfection is a technology that uses Ultra-Violet light in the germicidal wavelength range between 200 and 300 nanometers. The optimum UV wavelength for UV disinfection is 264 nanometers which is located within the UV-C spectrum.
When microorganisms are exposed to germicidal wavelengths, they are destroyed outright or rendered incapable of reproducing. The high energy associated with UV-C UV light is absorbed by the DNA of bacteria, viruses, spores and other pathogens. This absorption causes abnormalities within the DNA to occur, resulting in the microorganism being incapable of reproducing and infecting.
A certain UV dose will provide a 99.9% reduction in bacteria
MAXIMUM FLOW RATE – 172 l/min @ 40mJ/cm2 FOR
- Town water supplies with 80% UVT (Ultraviolet Transmittance)
- Rainwater tank supplies with 90% filtered water UVT (Ultraviolet Transmittance)
- Swimming pool water treatment
MAXIMUM FLOW RATE – 229 l/min @ 30mJ/cm2 FOR
- Pond, irrigation and non-potable water treatment
- 316SS UV reactor with heavy duty aluminium mounting brackets
- Connections: 2” BSP male threads
- Dimensions: 99cm’s x 9cm’s
- IP65 Weatherproof controller
- Warranty: 1 year
- WaterMark Certified
UV LAMP REPLACEMENT FREQUENCY
UV Lamps should be replaced every 12.
Depending on the daily run time of your swimming pool filtration system, UV Lamps should be replaced every 36 to 48 months.